Ellen Seidman is a content consultant, magazine editor and blogger.
- Good Housekeeping
- Teen People
She has done freelance editing for magazines including Woman’s Day, Health, Redbook, People StyleWatch, American Baby, Allure, In Style and Martha Stewart Living.
Are You Getting A Good Skin Check?, an article she conceived and edited for Health magazine, was nominated for a 2014 National Magazine Award for Personal Service.
digital content projects
- Responsibilities include conceiving ideas, hiring writers and editing content. Clients include Condé Nast Digital, BabyCenter, Meredith Custom Publishing, makeup.com, Disney’s BabyZone, Nickelodeon Parents Connect and Your Life, a joint venture between USA Today and BlogHer.
- Helped relaunch Glamour.com, hiring the majority of the site’s bloggers.
Ellen writes Love That Max, an award-winning blog about kids with special needs who kick butt. One of Babble’s Top 100 Mom Blogs for three years, it has been featured on sites including Time.com, Upworthy, CNN.com, Today.com, The Huffington Post and MSN.com. Ellen also blogs for Babble and The Huffington Post.
- Ellen speaks at major blogger conferences, including BlogHer, Blissdom, Mom 2.0, Type A Parent, Blogalicious and Evo. She served on the advisory panel for BlogHer’s inaugural HealthMinder Day in 2012.
- Featured radio show guest speaker on the topic of special needs, including this one by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Brand event speaker; most recently, she’s moderated a Baby Bjorn event and was the headline speaker for a Nissan Quest Media Preview. Ellen has also done speaking engagements for West Glen Communications, advising publicists on how to best work with bloggers.
- Social Good Fellow for Shot@Life, The United Nations Foundation’s campaign to promote vaccines.
- Featured on The Special Olympics’ R-Word site for her advocacy work.
- Community partner for ONE, Bono’s grassroots campaign committed to fighting extreme poverty and preventable diseases.
- Founding member of The Mission List, an initiative that connects people passionate about doing social good with deserving NGOs, socially-conscious brands and activities.
- Longtime supporter of Save The Children—quoted in their 2012 National Report Card on Protecting Children During Disasters.